Monday, January 5, 2009

do you have any true friends?

Friendship is what I describe as a very special relationship.
Most of us are able to name a few people we call friends. Others might be able to count their friends with just ten fingers, while some can produce a long list.
I am proud to say that I have a lot of friends. & I thank God for them. (:
I am even more grateful to God for the few TRUE friends He has placed in my life.

Through different stages of my life, I gained and I lost alot of friends. I used to be very upset when I realise that I was starting to lose friends I once had a close relationship with. But as I reflect upon my life, I realised that, Hey, it isn't so bad after all! God has gave me in return many many more friends that I was able to rely on. So to all those people who were envious, betrayed & treated friends as a vessel to gain benefits, even though our time spent together as friends were not long & sweet, thank you for giving me a chance to learn how to let go. (:

Come to think of it, God has indeed blessed me with a life that some people may yearn to have.
When I was in Convent primary, he placed me among friends that I still keep in touch with till today. There is this one particular girl, whom I can say that she is a true friend. Not much words said, nothing much is done, but I feel her sincereness & how she treasured me as a friend even up to this very second. Thank you Jia Li, for being a true friend (: When I was in Primary 4, I was then transferred to Sek. Keb. Sri Tebrau. Being the shy-est girl in Jb (lols) I hated the feeling of having to go into a new environment, where I have to start making friends all over again. God is faithful and He loves me so very much. He arranged to have me transfer to SKST with the first girl I met in Convent primary. So there am I, in a new school, BUT I was at least with a friend. Making friends there were not hard. I made a very special friend and her name is DESIREE TEE MAY LING! I got to know her better when we were 11 and we became the best of friends ever since. Dee dee, thank you for being a true friend and my best friend for 11 years (: In secondary school, I got into Convent Sec with Dee and a bunch of good friends. On top of that, I had friends from Convent Primary which makes my life much easier. Hehe. Sec sch life was the best. Archie, Sarah, Jasveen, Melissa, Kim, Tasha, Dee, Ziling, Yixuan thanks for being a true friend (: In form 6, I had dear Sarah Jane Soh with me (: & I made tons of new friends. SJ, Faiz, Wei Fong, Kathy, Flo, Junie, Yiling thanks for being a true friend (: When I was in Nanyang Poly, I had to go there alone =/ New country, new place, no friends! I was worried sick and I hardly slept the whole night. Thank God (: even though I was a Malaysian, I was treated like a princess. =P I was treated equally and making friends there were much easier than in my own country! =P Amanda, Charmaine, Li Wen, Zi Le, Chee Kiong, Sofian, Juliana thank you for being a true friend! Lastly, here am I now in Taylor's Uni College. Likewise, I went there all alone. Even though I went through this process so many times, I was still paranoid and worried bout not having any friends =S On the first day of orientation I met 2 girls and coincidentally they were from Jb! & Soon after I met someone who stayed in the same block , below my unit, in the same class! Miss Wong Woei! She then accompanied me to my new church. City Harvest was also one of the place I felt like home. Thank you Woei, Apple, Siew Then, Moo, Zhen Yang, Cindy, Jasmine, Samuel, Siew Min, Careen, Patrick, Gladys, Felicia, Fibiee, Alfred, Mei Ling, Su Ching, Delvin and all CHC mates for being a true friend.
Thank you mummy. (: She is also one of my bestest friend I have. & daddy and my two bratty sisters and my dearest sweetest ama thank you for being the truest people around me. 


Last but not least, to the my special someone who has never left me, loves to irritate me at times :P, appears at my doorstep when I say I'm hungry, calls me just to say how much he appreciates and loves me- Thank you Darling (: for being my true friend.

What is a true friend?

What is a friend? A single soul in two bodies.” --- Aristotle
A true friend stabs you in the front.” --- Oscar Wilde
"If you have two friends in your lifetime, you're lucky. If you have one good friend, you're more than lucky." ---Bryon Douglas, That Was Then, This Is Now by S.E. Hinton

I love my friends.
I expected this post to be less enthu,an emo one; however it did not end the way I wanted it too. (:
As I sat down and pondered real hard about this, I learnt to count my blessings.
I ended this post feeling glad & grateful for all the people I am able to label as my true friends.

No comments: