Monday, April 25, 2011

Are you a sore loser?

I got this inspiration to write this blog post, all thanks to Arsène Wenger.
Just case you ain't a football fan, Arsène Wenger is a French football manager, who has managed English Premier League side Arsenal since 1996.
I love watching football. And the best thing about football isn't always about winning. Its about sportsmanship.
I was watching Arsenal vs Liverpool the other day and Arsenal vs Bolton yesterday.
The one thing that I concluded was, it is so not cool to be a sore loser
(Note, sorry to all Arsenal fans, I merely just want to use him as an example, I have nothing against Arsenal:))

When I was younger, I was a girl that could never say no to losing.
I was aggressive and I hated to lose.
Each time I were to lose, I would either start crying or I would put on my Darth Vader mask.
I had no idea how sore I was. So not cool.

But soon I got to realize that, Hey, its actually okay to lose.
Losing is a part of life and winning does not necessarily make you a happier person.
Losing as a team helps you stay united as a team and stirs you to work together towards a new goal.
Losing makes you stronger than what you were before.
If losing gives you a chance to see others happy.... why not? :)

I have been there and I was a sore loser.
No one likes a sore loser, so don't be one.




No comments: