I've decided to blog on #wheniwasakid here instead of posting it on twitter, since everyone is already doing it :)
numberone
#wheniwasakid I really hated my name.
When I was studying in Convent primary school, teachers (usually the Malay teachers) would not be able to pronounce my name, hence they will always call me..
M-I-C-H-A-E-L SOH
Like seriously? Michael? In an all girls school?
Thanks to them, I had to go through years and years of humiliation and I hated my name so very much.
Because of that, I was laughed at. But nowadays we will just laughing at their stupidity.
I still am going through that now, once in while people do still call me Michael.
Just that day, a Malay police officer called me that. I was like, whateverrrr.
But the difference is, I do ♥ my name now.
Michelle is a beautiful name and I do appreciate if you do call me by my name. Cos if you don't, nahh I won't be offended but don't say I didn't warn you..
I might just be laughing at your stupidity..
hee.
numbertwo
#wheniwasakid I really thought that just by sitting next to a male species for after a period of time, I would get pregnant.
I remembered once I couldn't concentrate in class at all because I was sitting next to this boy and I was worried that if I sat beside him for too long, I would get pregnant!
I couldn't wait for class to be over and I'd constantly check to see if I'd had morning sickness or a buldging tummy. hehe.
I remembered once I couldn't concentrate in class at all because I was sitting next to this boy and I was worried that if I sat beside him for too long, I would get pregnant!
I couldn't wait for class to be over and I'd constantly check to see if I'd had morning sickness or a buldging tummy. hehe.
numberthree
#wheniwasakid I believed that if I did not eat up all the tang yuans in my bowl, I cannot grow one year older.
I used to hate eating tang yuan simply because that ball thingy is made out of flour. ugh.
I remember once I was at my cousin's house and everyone had a bowl of tang yuan to eat.
I didn't want to eat it but everybody there said that I didn't have a choice because if I didn't finish up my bowl, I cannot grow one year older.
I looked around me and I saw all my little sisters and cousins all happily finishing up theirs.
Being a kiasu kid, I didn't want to be left behind, thinking that they would all grow older except me so I finished up my bowl and puked all of it out afterward.
I still hate tang yuan till today.
![]() |
| credits to: William Loew 2010 |
I used to hate eating tang yuan simply because that ball thingy is made out of flour. ugh.
I remember once I was at my cousin's house and everyone had a bowl of tang yuan to eat.
I didn't want to eat it but everybody there said that I didn't have a choice because if I didn't finish up my bowl, I cannot grow one year older.
I looked around me and I saw all my little sisters and cousins all happily finishing up theirs.
Being a kiasu kid, I didn't want to be left behind, thinking that they would all grow older except me so I finished up my bowl and puked all of it out afterward.
I still hate tang yuan till today.
numberfour
#wheniwasakid I believed that David Beckham will marry me.
Oh and he was the reason why I chose Manchester United as my team back then.
But hey, he left and I still stayed true to my team. :)
David Beckham was my first one true love.
Haha, when I was a little girl, I would always day dream about David Beckham proposing to me, and we live happily ever after.... until "she" came in between us. Hmph.
Oh well, I've moved on.
Yes back to reality.
numberfive
#wheniwasakid I was always the "good-est girl" in class.
Every year, during the teacher meets parents session, without fail from Primary 1 till Secondary 3, my respective class teacher would say that I was a very good & quiet girl.
And I'm serious, I hear that comment again and again for almost 10 years.
I hardly speak more than 100 words.
In Primary 3, I was awarded the "Best Girl" in class, and I was shocked.
But you know, I finally figured its because I'd hardly made any noise while the rest were just plain noisy that got me winning the title.
As I grew older, I started talking more and the best thing is..
As I grew older, I started talking more and the best thing is..
I don't get caught misbehaving in class.
When talking to someone next to me, the teacher would always happen to catch that person talking to me and punish them, instead of me.
Hence, I was always the good girl.
:)
#wheniwasakid
#wheniwasakid





No comments:
Post a Comment