Friday, May 20, 2011

The man with decayed teeth

"Hello, Hello??"
Silently, I peeked through the cracks of my window.
Hm, a dirty looking mowerdressed in a stained orange polo t-shirt holding his filthy bicycle was standing outside my gate in the rain.
I stood there silently for 10 seconds thinking, should I open the door? 
The poor guy sure looks desperate, and for RM 12 he asked if he could cut my grass.

Feeling really pitiful for him, I went out and opened the door for him.
So I asked him, "You boleh potong kah? Sekarang sedang hujan ni.."
He said yes sure, with a wide smile exposing his decayed tooth.
Oh well, this poor guy really needs this job and my heart went out  to him.

Recently, I kept having this sudden urge to bless random people.
And, I don't know what but something kept prompting me to bless this random fella who was cleaning my garden.
Glancing out of the window again, I see this hardworking old man, working tirelessly in the rain.
My heart felt so sour.
I really wanted to bless that guy.

After about 30 mins of cleaning and all the hard work, I went out to pay him. 
Instead of giving him what he asked for, I gave him more than that amount with the reason that he worked so hard in the rain.
A small smile appeared at the corner of his lips.
Before he left, I also gave him a packet of cold drink which left him speechless.
He kept saying "Thank you, thank you", smiling from ear to ear, exposing more decayed teeth.
My heart was filled with joy.
The smile on his face was priceless, and I knew that my little actions did touched his life.

I cannot find the words to describe the feeling and satisfaction of blessing others.
Its more than just feeling happy, joyful or satisfying. Its much more than that.
From today onwards, I've decided to bless as many random people as possible.
I want to touch lives in my own special way.
I want to be a blessing, always.

2 comments:

Angeline said...

always be a blessing to others =)
God change their life after you did it.

Michelle Soh said...

I sure do hope so :) thanks for leaving a comment! :)