Everyone has their own weird characteristics.
For me, I fear for the worst. I often imagine the worse case scenarios and would think of solutions just in case it happens.
When I'm on a plane, I'm afraid that the plane would crash.
When I'm eating steamboat, I'm afraid that the gas would explode.
When I'm in a crowded area, I'm afraid that someone would bomb the place.
Paranoid much? Yeah, probably.
But that's what made me more cautious and prompts me to pray even more. Not a bad thing after all eh? :)
Even before going, people would remind us of the bombing events that happened years ago in Bangkok on the 26th of Dec. All over the internet, tourists are advised not to go to Bangkok in fear of terrorists attacks and all. But, I would like to thank God for this awesome opportunity to be able to spend a 5 days 4 nights trip to Bangkok. As a family. :) and His faithfulness, grace and mercy for keeping us safe.
![]() |
| Soh family ♥ |
Spending Christmas away from home has always been our dream.
(Tho' our white Christmas plan failed this year, it's okay there's always a next!)
Since young, our family have always been very busy with church's Christmas productions, dancing, performing and what nots. So this year, it was a perfect time for a lil' family getaway, where we don't have to worry about anything but just to enjoy and have a fun time with my closest loved ones. Utterly perfecto.
![]() |
| Excited to fly. |
![]() |
| My ambition since I was a little girl, to be an air stewardess. Do I pass as one? :P |
The hotel that we stayed in was in the middle of a shopping paradise. The moment you step foot out of the hotel, that's when your cash flows outta your pocket. No kidding.
Whether you turn left, right, front or back, there's no escape.
Shopping is a lifestyle in Bangkok.
Which happens to be my kinda lifestyle. *blush blush*
Thanks to Jan's friend, Jay Jay, a local, who was our tour guide for the first 2 days, we got used to the lifestyle, culture, bargaining methods and transportation pretty quickly. He brought us to the best malls where we were able to get beautiful clothes and at the same time, we pigged out indulging in Thai's best foods, and enjoyed the best Thai massage with the best rates. Semuanya best best giler.
![]() |
| That's Jay Jay. Say hi! |
![]() |
| Northern Thai food. A little different but still as yummy. |
![]() |
| The serving was very small unfortunately. I was only 40% full that day. |
![]() |
| Modern Thai coffee heh. |
| Irresistible street food! |
| Oh did I mention that Thailand has Christmas deco wayyyyy more impressive than Malaysia's? |
![]() |
| Windy tuk-tuk rides! |
![]() |
| Hard Rock cafe is just a few steps away from the hotel hehehe. |
![]() |
| Yummy Yum Yum Yum Yum Tom Yum. |
![]() |
| The best chilli crab & garlic prawns ever! @Somboon Seafood |
![]() |
| The land of Tom Yum. |
![]() |
| More Tom Yums. |
![]() |
| Oh yea, tom yum is a must have dish in every meal. |
| A shot before we go shopping. |
| Having a little fun on Christmas Day! |
As I said earlier on, the local Thais live to shop. They shop on Friday, Saturday, Sunday (which is understadable) but they also shop like crazy on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday... which is how I came to this conclusion. The Thais can really shop.
On the first two days there, I was seriously overwhelmed.
A little taken aback at Bangkok. I have never seen so many things in my life.
Little stalls were set up at every corner of the street and not a single spot is empty.
Suffering from a minor OCD condition, I was afraid that I could not finish walking and go thru every stall there. Which then irritates me a lot.
I never took much pictures of the shopping malls.
They're just about the same as Pavilion & KLCC.
A lot of branded stuff too. Which wasn't my purpose of going there this time.
![]() |
Oh guess what? They even sell animals there. Needless to say, the pets section was our favourite section.
Where we spent the most time and money too :P
![]() |
| Bought all these for my babies. |
We shopped at Chatuchak from morning till night. :) Still it wasn't enough.
![]() |
| Pat this is for you. Something to do with elephants. :P |
It would be a shame if we did not go for a dip in the beautiful swimming pool in our hotel.
| That's me. As you know I'm already born with chocolate coloured skin. Don't want to get burnt any further. |
![]() |
| Eve & I |
| The Soh sisters. |
![]() |
| Mic & Eve |
| Mic & Jan |
![]() |
| My loves. |
![]() |
| The people I love most! |
![]() |
| All smiles |
That reminds me of a creepy encounter we had.
Mum and dad had to make some emergency phone calls back to Malaysia when we were at Central World shopping mall. So the three of us, we were camwhoring on our own, well as usual.
Suddenly we notice this huge ang moh guy coming down from the escalator and he was secretly taking pictures of us.
Like secretly but obvious at the same time.
We thought, okay maybe he was a tourist, he just want to take photos of us randomly. Well that's fine.
Then after a while, he kept walking closer and closer to us. As if he wanted to do something. We looked at him but he wasn't smiling or anything, cos if he were to ask us to pose for him to take a normal pic, I think I wouldn't have minded. But he wasn't. He was acting all sneaky and weird. All I know is that we were all freaking out at that time already.
Mum and dad, standing about 1m away also started to sense the whole weirdness.
So we jumped onto the nearest escalator and just kept walking as fast as we could.
Lo and behold, he was following us wherever we go. So creepy.
Finally we decided to walk (or did we run? haha) out of the mall.
God knows how many pictures he took of us already and since when he started to do all those weird stuff.
![]() |
| I love Bangkok bcos they're a true die hard fan of Man Utd. Feels good being home! |
On the MRT doors. |
| On our way home to Msia! |
So what do I miss most about Bangkok?
Firstly I would say, the food.
I fell in love with their Tom Yum and couldn't get enough of it. :)
I will be back for more.
Secondly the shopping.
Though it's cheap, I tell you the quality of the clothes there are way better than what we have here.
So totally worth it.
Day #1
Day #2
Day #3
![]() |
| These are just my stuff only. heh. |
Fun. Loved. Memories.
An obvious fact about me: I adore my family. :P
Thank you daddy for accompanying us as we shop non stop from the time the sun rises till the stars come out. :) You're the best!
An obvious fact about me: I adore my family. :P
Thank you daddy for accompanying us as we shop non stop from the time the sun rises till the stars come out. :) You're the best!
I'm thankful for a wonderful magical Christmas this year.
You, yes you reading this! I hope you had a great one too!
Merry Belated Christmas and have a Blessed New Year!
















































No comments:
Post a Comment