Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My journey with CHCKL

I have been a City Harvester for almost 3 years now.
Way back since July 2008.
I remember the first time I went to church, it was on a Wednesday night (If I'm not wrong) and Adrian was having band practice for Emerge KL 08' and so he decided to being me along. 
And so I dragged my feet there, and honestly, I din't want to be there cos I barely knew anyone at all!
You know the feeling... yes. I just wanted to find a hole to hide.

His band made it to the semi finals and guess what? The hit song for that year was written by him and his band mate, Timothy, entitled "Michelle".
Aww :)
But at that time there was nothing so "aww-ing" about it. As said, I hardly knew anyone and when they were singing MY song, I had no one to boast to. 
And so I sat there in a corner, alone, enjoying the song until........
Pastor gave his comments. He was like.. "Who is Michelle??? Is she here? Is she here?"
I think my heart stopped beating for a whole minute. I froze, motionless, like a pillar of salt. 
I was thinking in my heart, "No no no no... don't say it's me.."
And that someone out of somewhere stood up, pointed to me and shouted,"THERE SHE IS!"
GG.com.my
(You, that someone who shouted, don't let me remember who you are or else....:P)

Yeap, that was my very first experience in CHCKL.
In a blink of an eye, I am now deeply rooted in this church, faithfully serving and growing in the Lord.
When I first came, I was a timid girl who just wanted to go with the flow.
I only wanted to be in the shadows of the people around me. I had no idea God was planning to use me in His own special ways. :)
During Emerge 2008, I was in the crowd of thousands, watching the awesome performances.
I remember telling Adrian that one day.. I want to be in the POS team.
I never had any cheerleading training. But being a cheerleader was my dream!
Though I was the leader of my own cheerleading team back in my Convent days, but being in an all girls' school, we were not allowed to do any stunts. (what kind of cheerleading is that?)
So all we did was dance and shake and dance and shake, shake, shake. Err.. come to think of it, it was quite stupid. haha!

In 2009, MINT leader, Careen managed to persuade me to join the POS team and after a long consideration, I did.
Boy, I'm glad I did.. cos it totally changed my life. :)







We were the champions that year! :)

Subsequently, I joined the team again, this time to represent CHCKL in Asia Conference 2010 held in Singapore.

And guess what.. we emerged as CHAMPIONS too! :D

The smiling champs!


First in Malaysia, the helicopter stunt!


Single base liberty stunt
So that was how my love for cheerleading grew and it din't stop there.

This year I had the chance to perform for City Harvest Church KL's 10th anniversary & dedication service!
What an honour!

I really want to thank God for this opportunity as my capacity really enlarged and I made so many great friends too! :)
Tribal dance. Check out Cheryl. Oooo :P

That's me in the air! :)
Enjoy the video clip of our dance below! 

I thank God for this wonderful journey in CHCKL.
I will never be who I am today if I if not for CHCKL.
 my church, my pastor & all my brothers & sisters in Christ!

Happy belated 10th Anniversary City Harvest!


Where I belong, where I keep my heart and soul, 
where we are one big family.
I want the whole world to know, I want to shout it out loud that..
This is where I know I belong :)

No comments: