Friday, September 23, 2011

I'm a rebel like that

A question to ponder over a cup of coffee of the day. 
Are you one of those who blindly follow the majority? Or the ones who are so dedicated to deviating from the norm?

It could be my nature to fall into the second category. Not that I would purposely want to be in that group.. but I notice that I am already in that group as I observe my likes and dislikes, living pattern and etc.

Some things comes naturally. Like how the majority loves coffee and I don't.


I have no idea why some people would kill for coffee.
And I also know of people who would die for coffee.
Whatever it is.. I have never had a cup of coffee on my own at all for the past 23 years of my life.
Little sips, yes. But it would result in me scrunching up my face, sticking out my tongue and regretting for the rest of the day as the taste lingers in my mouth till the time I get home and start to frantically wash my mouth.
But as I hang out with the coffee gang (Adrian, Rick, QQ, Ps. Kev) I've start to embrace coffee a little more..
Every time we hung out for the past 3 years, we would go to various coffee houses.. and I would never fail to drink.. tea!
Yeah, so lame right. :)
I believe one day my time will come where I will be able to drink a cup of coffee and to be an official member of the coffee gang. heh.


I had a chance to pick a new gadget for my 21st birthday. And of course everyone was telling me to get an iphone or a BB as it was the in-trend then..
The more people said it, the more I didn't want it.
Weird, you may say. But I choose to think that I'm special. 
And so, I went for the newest Sony Xperia X10 then.

I used to think that being different and to stand out from the majority is a cool thing. Until I read this article which caught my attention. It says, "Flocking from trends is just as reprehensible as flocking towards trends, because you are allowing trends to influence your preferences. Your preferences should frolic freely amongst all possibilities and not flock anywhere in response to trends and the public opinion. A mindless avoider of trends who does not subject them to his own judgement but cultivates distaste for them based solely on the fact that others favour them is not noticeably less retarded than he who mindlessly cultivates a fondness for anything that currently happens to be in the limelight of other’s affections." (Unknown 2006)

I really don't know why am I writing this post or how to end it now.
I'll just leave this post hanging, for me to continue thinking and for you to ponder over your own life. 
:)


No comments: